SMART TECH BFSI 2017
Receives Over whelming Response
The 2nd Annual SMART TECH BFSI concluded successfully on 13th May, 2017 at The Zuri White Sands, Goa, India. The 2 day event from May 12th – 13th, 2017 witnessed good number of participation from 16 BFSI solution partners from BFSI domain displaying innovative and leading technologies with over 200+ attendees, high net worth individuals, large number of solution providers and decision makers. Highlight of the show: Knowledgeable insights through case studies, presentations, the panel discussions at the conference.
The conference program at SMART TECH BFSI 2017 attracted leading speakers such as Mr. Prashant Singh- Assistant Director General - UIDAI, Mr. Anand Venkatraman – Country Sales Head – Akamai Technologies, Ms. Julie Gaubin – Global Sales Director, Financial & Business Services – Dassault Systemes, Mr. Lowell Campbell – Principal Global Specialist Digital Financial Services – World Bank IFC, Mr. Anshuman Rai – Director Sales, Converged Platforms – Dell EMC, Mr. Sameer Bangia - Business Lead, India – Samsung SDS and many more.
The topics of discussions included:
1) The power of Blockchain Technology in the world of Banking – Moderated by Mr. Suchintan Chaterjee - Director – Deloitte and panellist as Mr. Sudin Baraokar – Head of Innovation – State Bank of India, Mr. Munish Bansal – SVP & Co Head Corporate Bank Technology, Mr. Prasanna Lohar – Head of Technology – DCB Bank, Mr. Rohas Nagpal – Chief Blockchain Architect – Primechain Technologies & Mr. Aman Trivedi – Subject Matter Expert – Let's Talk Payments
2) BFSI 2020 – Innovations in disruptive era – Moderated by Mr. Rajesh Chakrabarti – Innovation & Strategy Technologist, Consultant – World Bank IFC and panellist as Mr. Lowell Campbell – Principal Global Specialist Digital Financial Services – World Bank IFC, Mr. Avneesh Pandey – GM IT – Securities Exchange Board of India, Mr. Rohit Kilam – Head of Technology – Aditya Birla Finance & Ms. Julie Gaubin – Global Sales Director, Financial & Business Services – Dassault Systemes
3) The Importance of addressing Cyber Security Risks in the BFSI sector – Moderated by Mr. Anand Venkataraman – Director – Deloitte and panellist as Mr. Michael Smith – CTO Security, APJ – Akamai Technologies, Ms. Shinam Arora – Co Founder – Primechain Technolgies, Mr. Bharat Gautam – CISO – Hero Fincorp, Mr. Nitin Bhatia – Sr. Business Manager, Data Protection Solutions – Dell EMC & Mr. Sumit Dhar – CISO – Edgeverve an Infosys company
4) The InsurTech journey from the ideal world to the real world : Moderated by Mr. Sunil Rawlani – Digital Strategist & Founding Partner - metamorphosYs, Mr. Bhuvnesh Sharma – VP Business Systems & Technology – HDFC Life, Mr. Biswabrata Chakravorty – CIO – Cigna TTK Health Insurance, Ms. Sreevidya P – Banking & Financial Services Industry Leader – Dassault Systemes & Ms. Anita Parmar – Head Branding & Digital Marketing – Probus Insurance
5) Intelligence vs Artificial Intelligence: How AI will bring a change in BFSI – Moderated by Mr. Prasanna Lohar – Head of Technology – DCB Bank, Mr. Padmanaban T A – AVP – IndusInd Bank, Mr. Ankit Ratan – CEO – Signzy, Mr. Vijay Shah – CEO – VERO & Dr. Satyakama Paul – Sr. Group Manager, Machine Learning & Statistical Analytics Trend Editorial Session: Future of Digital Finance: Mr. Abhishant Pant – Founder – Cashless Journey. Mr. Punit Jain – CEO – Nelito Systems & Mr. Nitin Bhandari – Country Director, South Asia Digital Business – Western Union.
The exhibitor spectrum at Smart Tech BFSI 2017 included products like EFT Switch, Cash Dispensers, Colour Printers, Business Intelligence & Analytics software solutions, enterprise mobility solutions, security solutions & many more. Robotic Solutions had a live demonstration by VERO(Vishnu Engineering), NAO Humanoid Robot was the first ever robot to be introduced in banking.
Increase in attendees
FEEDBACK & CONCLUSION
The total number of delegates, speakers and sponsors grew in 2017, further developing SMART TECH BFSI as a robust conference. We had many distinguished speakers who shared their insights and discussed on technology needs in BFSI sector, now and for the future. Many felt that SMART TECH BFSI was well organised and the speakers were knowledgeable. We will be taking this agenda forward in 2018, where we will see more activity and growth as we will be hosting the InfoSec Intelligence Conclave and the 2nd Annual SMART TECH HEALTHCARE and expanding our showcase of a knowledge driven conferences. Security solution, Robotic Technologies, Software solution companies, etc., will be able to demonstrate/showcase their technologies and services on a bigger stage to potential customers from all over Asia. Explore Exhibitions & Conference aims to drive partnerships between industry, government and academia. It is hoped that these partnerships will continue to grow and we will see a greater adoption of technology and that it will create many new opportunities and attract more investments. Together we can build the future smart cities.
ATTENDEE’S EXPERIENCE AT THE SUMMIT
“The conferences and the B2B forum helped me understand the latest trends and prevailing/future technologies that will impact the BFSI fraternity. It also gave me a viewpoint and an understanding of the potential that a company has to contribute to the BFSI sector. Smart Tech BFSI should encourage large scale projects that help define the potential that India holds to grow. I would like to congratulate the organisers for a great execution of the event.”
Mr. Rajesh Chakrabarti, Innovation & Strategy Technologist, Consultant @World Bank IFC
“The conferences and the B2B forum helps to understand the exhibitors and understand the potential that a company has to contribute to the BFSI sector. Smart Tech BFSI should encourage large-scale projects that help define the potential that India holds to grow. I would like to congratulate the organisers for a great execution of the event.”
Mr. Munish Bansal, SVP & Co Head Corporate Bank Technology @Citibank
“It was a great experience to network with peers and collaborate with tech partners. There are a few ones that we will take forward as initiatives as a result of the collaboration. The organizers had done a good job in managing stuffs and thinking on the feet when it required.”
Mr. Padmanaban T A, AVP II – Digital Banking @IndusInd Bank
“Was good to talk to the best people in technology in Banking. Good to share our view and progress on AI and also learn from problems in the industry. The location and setting offers people to relax and interact freely which further allows greater collaboration”
Mr. Ankit Ratan, CEO @Signzy
“It was great display of Fantastic Collaboration .For me it was pleasure to be part of this event as it was an unique event with latest technology exhibition, knowledge sharing, display of products & solution relevant to current industry demand. I had a very good experience considering knowledge sharing, experiencing solutions on innovative banking services. As Innovation Head, I keep exploring innovative solutions and I keep interacting industry leaders, experts and solution providers. At this event, I exchanged my thoughts with experts like SAMSUNG, INTEGRA, MGAGE, FLOCK, AKAMAI, NELITO, ROBOSOFT, Deloitte, Lets Talk Payment & I feel it has helped me to grow my knowledge with these Experts around for 2 days. Table interactions with various companies was an innovative part of planning, I must say it has helped to evaluate few solutions for my bank’s services. This Conference has given an opportunity to share my knowledge as a Speaker around latest disruptive technologies like BLOCKCHAIN, ROBITICS & ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE. A Big Thank you for this quality gathering & appreciate the way it was planned and managed by organising Team.”
Mr. Prasanna Lohar, Head– Innovation & Architecture @DCB Bank Ltd
Wonderful experience @The Smart Tech BFSI 2017. Could connect with quite a few industry leaders and managed to get updated on some emerging trends. The event has given me the much needed move up the curve .....
Mr. Anirban Ray, AVP IT @Magma Fincorp Ltd
“It has been a great learning experience at the 2nd Annual Smart Tech BFSI Summit 2017. It provided me with the opportunity to not only understand the latest trends in technology in the BFSI space, but also interact with the enablers of such technologies. It also provided a conducive platform to discuss with industry leaders the applicability and relevance of new technologies to my organization.”
Mr. Jesso Stanley, Administrative Officer – IT Dept. @The New India Assurance Co. Ltd
“This conference was worth of attending and a very nice experience. I am always impressed with the commitment and efficiency of those who plan this conference. Thank you for hosting such a wonderful and successful Smart BFSI conference. The quality of the speakers and papers were excellent. The vendors & sponsors are knowledgeable.”
Mr. Vivek Dharia, Chief Information Officer @KNP Securities Pvt Ltd